We are seeking highly skilled and experienced drivers to join our growing institution. The University Driver is responsible for conveying materials, equipment and staff of the institution to the areas where they are required. In all cases, the driver may be tasked with driving different sorts of vehicles as circumstances requests. So, he / she should be an expert driver, able to drive various types of vehicles – buses, saloon cars, vans etc.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Form Four level of Education with at least a D + and above.
- Must have a valid driver’s license at least classes A, B, C and E including Public Service Vehicles’ with a minimum of six years’ driving experience.
- Must be safety conscious, focused, confident, observant, honest and reliable.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of traffic laws and hold fast entirely to them.
- Knowledge of Basic Vehicle Mechanics is an added advantage.
- Must be able to drive well in major towns.
- Age between 26- 50 years.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or management.
- To dress professionally and in accordance with the institutional dress code.
- To ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle.
- To carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound and to recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the supervisor.
- To report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or university. .
- To perform periodic maintenance on vehicles such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time as well as refueling the vehicles.
- To keep up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time and work hours, mileage and to pay tolls and other fundamental vehicle demands.
- To perform such other functions as may be directed by the University Management Board / Supervisor.
If you have the above qualifications, please send your application documents to the undersigned by 20th November 2018 at 5. P M
P.O. Box 713-01100, Kajiado, Kenya.